Keep in touch with your Tribute Fund Holders
We all know the importance of valuing supporters, ensuring that the relationship they have with you continues to grow. For those supporters who have set up a Tribute Fund via your service, they already have a connection with your charity and by lighting an anniversary candle, you also have the perfect communication opportunity.
You can now keep in touch, without adding to your daily workload, by scheduling to light a candle from your charity for all your Tribute’s birthdays and anniversary of death on a monthly basis.
Simply follow the steps below to enable you to run your Tribute Anniversary report:
- Visit your Partner Area
- Go to ‘Reports’
- Select ‘Tribute Report’
- In the ‘Export Options’ select the details you wish to export including the ‘Date of Death’ (DOD)
- Download the Tribute Report data ensuring the correct date period is set in the filter of the report
(Note – not all DOD fields will have data in them as this is not always completed by the family/funeral director)
- Open the CSV file in Excel
- Add a column to the report and paste the following formula =IF(D2<>””, TEXT(D2, “mmmm”), “”) into the new column; this will convert all the dates in the DOD column to their month only name
- (Note: The letter used (D2) must relate to the column in which the DOD appears as it is this column which the formula is looking to convert to the month only name)
- You can then select the tributes for any particular month
- (Note – this facility is only available for tributes create via your own service, so you’ll need to filter them via the source code to see which it is applicable for)
How to light candles from your Charity:
Choose a candle that is most fitting and appropriate for the Tribute Fund. Leave a message of condolence on behalf of your charity as well as a thank you if any donations have been made.
- In your Partner Area, under ‘Your Tributes” select “Settings” for the tribute in question
- Scroll down to Candles and then click “Manage Candles” box
- Click “Add a Candle”
- Choose your candle, add your Charity name in the “who is this candle sent from” box
- Add a short message, prayer, or thought.
- You will also have the option to select date for when you’d like the candle to appear on the tribute fund
- Finally, click the “Add Candle” box
- You don’t need to make a donation to light the candle
Add a personal message from your charity, this really does help make your supporters feel valued, for example:
Please accept our sincere condolences on the loss of (name of deceased). Your very kind donations in memory of her/him really will help ensure that (support/research – Charity strapline) can happen and are very much appreciated. We hope that you find her/his Tribute Fund a comforting way to celebrate their life.
If you would like more information on any of the above, please get in touch by emailing us email@example.com or calling the office on 01494 722818.